The Benefits of IT Outsourcing for Small and Midsized Businesses
The convenience and simplicity of outsourced IT management services are attractive for small and midsized businesses (SMBs) that may lack an in-house IT officer or need additional support for an existing IT department. Outsourced managed IT services offer many cost savings and benefits compared to hiring an in-house IT officer or adding additional IT employees to your company. Let’s look at some of the benefits of GEEK-AID® managed IT services, including improved overall reliability, productivity, savings and IT security:
- Improved employee productivity - Reduced number of annual outages, reduced duration of outages and optimized IT user activity
- Lower infrastructure costs - Extended life and function of equipment, reduced training and consulting costs, defrayed equipment purchase cost (including space requirements and energy costs) by strategically shifting select activities to the cloud
- Scalable for growth - Get additional coverage without having to hire another team member, or scale down between projects
- Predictable costs - One recurring budgeted fee for IT management services
- Expert support - Get access to a team of IT experts with expansive industry knowledge and skills
- Improved security - Updates and patches are addressed for improved network security
- Improved IT department productivity - Augment an existing IT staff by having GEEK-AID handle everyday maintenance tasks
Managed IT Services in New York
GEEK-AID® technicians are all Manhattan-based. Our experts can quickly solve your problem via remote network service access, and we can be onsite quickly to address any service issues that require an in-person service call. We expertly manage your IT operations so that you can concentrate on running your business. We track and complete IT maintenance tasks so that your equipment remains operational and your employees remain productive. Properly maintained, integrated and optimized IT devices and hardware are less likely to experience an outage.
IT Outsourcing Can Reduce IT Costs
Hiring a full-time IT employee is time-consuming and expensive. Salary and hardware costs are only part of the equation. There are many less-obvious costs to consider when calculating the return on investment (ROI) of a full- or part-time IT employee in comparison to outsourced managed IT services from GEEK-AID®, including:
- On-call availability - Your employees will be unavailable during vacation and sick days. We have multiple technicians ready to assist you.
- Expertise and experience - Our technicians have exposure to solutions across varied industry sectors and products.
- Knowledge - We track your IT assets, maintenance history, system requirements and update history. Each new employee must learn your system from scratch, and takes the knowledge with them when they leave.
- Hiring, firing, managing - We hire and manage all our IT employees.
- Training - Employee training and learning symposiums can exceed $5,000 per year. We train our employees.
- HR costs - We absorb mandatory employee costs such as Workers’ comp, Medicare, Social Security, sick and vacation pay, unemployment insurance, family medical leave, and more.
- Proactive service - Our service protocol is designed to reduce emergency calls, data loss and downtime. IT departments can be overwhelmed by IT issues, repairs and updates and end up in “firefighting” mode.
Managed IT Services in NYC – What’s Included?
GEEK-AID® IT support management serves the role of an in-house IT officer for your company. Our services can be customized and scaled to suit the unique needs of your SMB network. We provide the monitoring and updating services necessary to keep your business IT system operating smoothly and reliably and provide support for network operating issues, including:
- System performance and resource capacity monitoring 24/7
- Software updates and regular security audits
- Support for critical network issues 24/7
- Installations and replacement hardware sourcing
- Network connectivity
- User permissions and account management
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Server and device maintenance
- Unlimited IT support
- Hardware monitoring
- Patch and update management
- Backup monitoring
- Software and hardware management
- IT system maintenance
- Helpdesk service
GEEK-AID® Managed IT services can help keep your resources focused on core business operations. Leave IT frustrations to our expert technicians. Contact us today to schedule a call and learn more about technology managed services and support.