A Home Technology Consultant: Guidance and Savings
When you need to upgrade computers or add new technology, GEEK-AID® can provide professional guidance, expert advice and full services for all technology devices used in your home. From home computers and office equipment to mobile phones and smart home products, we can help you make informed decisions to get the equipment you need within your budget. With so many brands and features from which to select, the choices and options can be overwhelming. Our home technology consultants help you make the right tech product choices, so you are satisfied with your new devices and are confident that you have not overspent or purchased an incorrect item. Our home IT experts can help you with these tasks and more:
- Evaluate existing technology equipment for repair or replacement
- Define technology goals and requirements for new devices
- Identify new technology options and solutions
- Identify appropriate replacement and upgrade product choices
- Provide estimates and budget-friendly options for new equipment
- Reduce the worry of tech purchase decisions
- Save time on new product research and reduce shopping time
- Create a planning roadmap for future upgrades and expansions
- Provide complete concierge purchasing and installation service options
- Install and connect new devices and transfer data from old devices
Expert Home Tech Advice from a Home Computer Consultant
Our tech experts are aware of new product technology and are familiar with any issues specific product lines might be experiencing. We rely on industry forums, feedback and reviews, not the manufacturer’s claims, to guide you toward the devices and products that will meet your needs and budget goals and provide years of trouble-free operation. Home technology now includes much more than just a desktop computer and printer. Work-from-home office networks require greater internet speeds and bandwidth because they must supply coverage for smart home technology systems, appliances, gaming and more. GEEK-AID® consultants can help you select the right products and make an informed upgrade or replacement buying decisions for these home office devices, technology products, computers and more:
- Desktops and laptop computers
- Smartphones and tablets
- Smart home systems: doorbells, cameras, lighting and thermostats
- Smart TVs and home theater
- Voice assistants and music systems
- Gaming systems
- Battery backups and emergency power supply
- WiFi, routers, modems and servers
- Data storage and backup software
- Security software
- Internet desktop phones (VoIP)
- Productivity software
- Monitors, keyboards, cameras and speakers
Computer Purchasing Advice
Computers come in many sizes and price points. Knowing which features are necessary or important to you is essential when selecting a new computer. Computers can be easily custom designed and built to provide exactly the features you need. It’s easy to overspend and get expensive features that you may never need or use. GEEK-AID® computer purchasing advice consultants can help you from overspending by asking the right questions. We will learn how you use your computer and what new features you need to include. Our experts will consider these factors and more to help you get a computer that will meet your needs:
- Is the computer used for work, gaming or daily family tasks?
- Which operating system will best meet your needs and interact with other devices in your home?
- How much memory storage space will you require?
- What do you need this computer to do?
- Do you have processing-speed requirements?
- Will you be doing substantial graphics, image or video editing?
- Will you use CDs with this computer?
- For laptops and portable devices, do you have size limits or weight restrictions?
- How long do you need your battery charge to last?
- Will your device require a mobile internet connection?
- What size screen do you need?
- Do you prefer a specific brand?
- Do you need an extended warranty?
New Computer Setup
GEEK-AID® can provide a link to recommended tech products and devices so you can complete the purchase yourself. We can also handle the entire transaction, delivery and new computer setup for you, including making sure all the necessary connection components are ordered. If you have already purchased a new computer or device, our technicians can install and connect it for you. We can perform these new product-installation tasks and more:
- Home office and business-system installations
- Personalized training and phone support for new devices
- Wiping private data from your old device before donating or recycling
- Ordering and shipping
- Unboxing and setup
- Connection to the home network and printers
- Data transfer from old devices
Contact GEEK-AID for home technology and computer-buying assistance. We will help you get the right technology without overspending.