Smart Home Installation
GEEK-AID® can transform your home into an automated smart home. Our technicians will program and integrate the automated home device controls to your phone, laptop, desktop computer or tablet so you can control or view all your systems from any location. Smart home installations use your existing wiring in most cases. We will upgrade outlets, doorbells and switches to accommodate smart home controls and devices. Our experts can supply everything for you, including any required mounts and equipment necessary for installation. We can also install your existing smart home products. These intelligent home devices and systems can easily be added to your home:
- Voice assistants
- Smart doorbell
- Smart locks and access controls
- Smart thermostat and energy management
- Wireless smart cameras
- Smart audio hub and speakers
- Integration of smart appliances
- Smart lighting controls, smart bulbs and smart plugs
- Smart TVs
- Home theater and gaming systems
- Wireless floodlights
- Safety monitoring of smoke alarm and CO2 detectors
- Home WiFi installation
Home Automation Services and Smart Home Support
Smart home systems have been shown to improve the value and marketability of your home. GEEK-AID® can install convenient home-automation systems in your home or office locations and provide ongoing smart home support services and repairs for malfunctioning systems and devices. Our experts are available 24/7 for emergency assistance, and can assist onsite or with convenient remote service. We will help protect your smart home investment and help you extend the life of your connected home products. Contact us to schedule these home automation services and more:
- Repair malfunctioning devices
- Add or upgrade additional components to your system
- Relocate equipment within your home
- Uninstall and reinstall devices during moves or construction
- Troubleshoot errors and system issues
- Training and help with daily operations or new features
- Pre-construction consultation
Smart Home Setup: Meeting WiFi and Network Demands
Smart home automation products place increased demands on your network. Routers need to have sufficient speeds and enough available ports to be able to connect additional hubs. Lack of adequate speed will cause errors and buffering issues. We can test your current system to assess its capabilities. You may need a new commercial-grade router that can accommodate the number of devices and required speeds. GEEK-AID® will evaluate your entire home network to ensure that your new connected home system will operate properly. Our technicians will:
- Assess current download speeds
- Update network hardware if needed
- Add mesh or boost routers for large spaces
- Integrate all your devices so that they communicate with one another
- Verify network security and privacy
- Update advanced settings for parental controls
Home Automation Maintenance and System Updates
Like many other systems in your home, smart home automation devices require proper care and occasional maintenance to keep them running at optimal performance. Scheduling maintenance services ensures that all your system components are functioning and optimized to perform the way they were designed. GEEK-AID® technicians will help you get the most out of your investment. We will conduct the following maintenance services and any others recommended by the manufacturer for each device:
- Software updates – We check each product to be sure it is using the latest manufacturer’s software updates, and install any needed updates.
- Hardware updates – We verify that your hardware can support the latest updates. We can install new hardware to keep your system functioning properly.
- Calibration – We make sure your devices are monitoring correctly, especially after power interruptions or changes to the system. We can reset or update any settings for you.
- Connectivity and Integration – We verify that the router is updated and maintained to ensure seamless WiFi operation between all the smart home devices on your home network.
- Device Updates – When devices are no longer able to function properly, we help you replace outdated devices with compatible new components that will meet your needs and integrate with existing products.
Improve convenience and security with home-automation devices. We will help you control all your smart home and smart office devices from one place. Contact GEEK-AID® for set up, repair and support services for connected smart home automation.