Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
While browsing, registering or using with the Website, we may collect “ Personally Identifiable Information”. This information may be such that it identifies you as an individual and/or relates to an identifiable individual. During the browsing and/or registration process, we may collect Personally Identifiable Information that might include: name, email address, phone number, physical address, and other information provided by you. We also collect and maintain any created login or usernames and corresponding passwords created by you for accessing this website.
All of the collected information you provide and/or submit is used in order to provide you cyber security solutions. We may also use the Personally Identifiable Information to provide you with additional requested services. Occasionally, we utilize your Personally Identifiable Information to send you marketing messages and automated emails that relate to our services. This might include cybersecurity alerts or general information and trends. Your Personally Identifiable Information may also be utilized for data analysis, audits, site improvements and other general business purposes.
Disclosures of Personally Identifiable Information
We share Personally Identifiable Information to third parties that: (1) are third-party service providers we have chosen to perform data management and marketing services for GEEK-AID, and (2) are required in order to comply with applicable law. This includes but is not limited to legal process service. We may also release Personally Identifiable Information if we have reasonable belief that release is necessary for any of the following: (i) in order protect the rights, intellectual (or other) property GEEK-AID and our partners, or affiliates; (ii) when a law enforcement agency or other governmental authority requires such disclosure in order to comply with Federal, State or Local Law. This includes our reasonable belief that we are protecting against threats to national security, homeland security or potential violations of civil or criminal law. Personally Identifiable Information can also be released to a third party if we experience a sale, merger, business transfer, reorganization, enter a joint venture, bankruptcy or otherwise change ownership structure. It is the practice of GEEK-AID to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
Cookies and Collection of De-Identified/Aggregated Information
“De-Identified/Aggregated Information” does not reveal your personal identity. In order to manage website traffics trends, we gather De-Identified/Aggregated Information in numerous ways. WE MAY DISCLOSE AND UTILIZE DE-IDENTIFIED/AGGREGATED INFORMATION FOR ANY PURPOSE. These collection methods include:
- Cookies: Cookies are a reliable method for storing web histories. They are kept on your computer and they can make your life easier by remembering where you have been on the web. Our cookies are used to monitor general information such as which pages you visited, the amount of time spent on those pages, your registration, information requests, user preferences, browser type/configuration, the webpage you were using before you came to our website, pages of our website that you visit, and information you search for via our website. We gather this information to help the website load more quickly and to track the effectiveness of our ads. We also use them for security purposes and to make your browsing experience more personalized. Most browsers allow you to turn cookies off or delete them. You can also typically change your browser settings to notify you before allowing cookies.
- Pixel Tags: We might use pixel tags to monitor website usage, track the success of ad campaigns, and follow email receipts and response rates.
- Direct Browser Feedback: Your browser typically gathers information about your internet connection, settings and usage. This is automatically done by the browser, but you might be able to control certain privacy settings by changing them within the browser controls. The information automatically collected by browsers typically includes your screen resolution settings, type of computer and operating system, language settings, MAC (Media Access Control) address, computer/mobile device make/model/manufacturer, and browser version. We utilize browser feedback for security and to assure that our website will function on your computer or device.
- IP Address: Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) assigns an IP address and it is used to track usage, report on security, determine location and for diagnostic reasons. Your IP address might be logged by us when you visit our website.
- Click-Through URLs: In some of our e-mail communications, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When users click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the e-mail messages.
Information from Other Sources
Blogs, Social Media and other Public Forums
Consent and Disclosure
We may share information for purposes disclosed at the time you provide any Personally Identifiable Information, or with your consent or at your direction.
We employ appropriate security measures to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from unauthorized alteration, access, disclosure, or destruction. These security measures include organizational, administrative, technical, and physical precautions to safeguard your Personally Identifiable Information against loss, theft, and misuse. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your information. If you have reason to believe that your online interaction with us has been compromised, please immediately notify us via the “Contact Us” section below.
Opt-Out and Removals
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow any unsubscribe instructions that may be provided in our communications to you.
If you are a California state resident, or under the age of 18, and a registered user of the website, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the website by contacting us via the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
Please note we may retain and access your data, including server/backup copies, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, and we may decline to process change or deletion requests that require disproportionate technical effort or jeopardize the privacy of others.
Use of Website by Minors
The website is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and, we do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from individuals under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information in a manner not permitted by U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), please contact us immediately via the “Contact Us” section below and we will remove such information to the extent required by COPPA.
Privacy Rights if You Reside in California
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits users in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties. Under the law, we should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt-in to, or opt-out of, this type of information sharing.
We may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties for such third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please email or mail us via the “Contact Us” section below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
The website is controlled and operated by GEEK-AID from the United States of America and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your use of this website implies that you are located in the United States and are subject solely to the laws of the United States of America.
Revisions to the Policy
You have the right to access the Personally Identifiable Information that you have voluntarily provided to us, and to review, correct, or delete it.
Email Address: email@example.com
1001 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10018
We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note we may retain and use your data, including server/backup copies, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, and we may decline to process change or deletion requests that require disproportionate technical effort or jeopardize the privacy of others.