Last Updated: February 8, 2021
2. BINDING AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions (as they may be amended from time to time) by GEEK-AID form a binding agreement (the "Agreement") between you and GEEK-AID. By using the Site, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into these Terms. If you are an individual accessing or using the Site on behalf of, or for the benefit of, any corporation, partnership or other entity with which you are associated (an "Organization"), then you are agreeing to these Terms on behalf of yourself and such Organization, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to bind such Organization to these Terms. References to "you" and "your" in these Terms will refer to both the individual using the Site and to any such Organization. The Site is GEEK-AID to any non-U.S. jurisdiction or law. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some non-U.S. jurisdictions. Any use of the Site is at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in doing so. We may limit the Site's availability at any time, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose.
Subject to and conditioned on your compliance with these Terms, GEEK-AID grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable license to access and use the Site, and to download copies of the materials that we make available for download on the Site, in each case solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
The Site, including all content, information, and materials incorporated into or made available through the Site, is the exclusive property of GEEK-AID or its partners and providers, and is protected by U.S. and international law. You agree not to access or use the Site, or any content, information, or materials incorporated into or made available through the Site, except as expressly permitted under these Terms. Without limitation, you may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the content or GEEK-AID materials, or use them in any other way for public or commercial purpose. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, this prohibition includes: (a) copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Sites; (b) using or attempting to use engines, manual or automated software, tools, devices, agents, scripts, robots or other means, devices, mechanisms or processes (including, but not limited to, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, search, access, "scrape," "crawl," or "spider" any web pages or any Services provided on the Sites other than the search engine and search agents available from GEEK-AID on such GEEK-AID Sites and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari); and (c) aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the content or information available from any of the GEEK-AID Sites, without the express written consent of GEEK-AID.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on the Site (the "Marks") are the exclusive property of GEEK-AID or their respective third-party owners. Except for your right to view Marks on our Site, you are not granted any rights to the Marks. Nothing in the Site grants, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Marks displayed on the Site.
4. USER SUBMISSIONS
The Site includes functionality to enable you to upload your résumé and/or other employment-related and career-related information, and may also enable you to submit comments and materials through interactive features such as message boards and other forums, and chatting, commenting and other messaging functionality (all such résumés, information, comments, and materials are "Submitted Materials"). For clarity, you retain ownership of your Submitted Materials. You hereby grant GEEK-AID a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license, without additional consideration to you or any third-party, to reproduce, distribute, perform and display (publicly or otherwise), create derivative works of, adapt, modify and otherwise use and exploit such Submitted Materials, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose (including promotional purposes, such as testimonials).
In addition, if you provide to us any ideas, proposals, suggestions or other materials ("Feedback Submission"), please be specific in your comments and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. If, despite this notice, you send GEEK-AID creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information, you understand and agree that the Feedback Submission shall become the property of GEEK-AID. Your Feedback Submissions and any associated items submitted, shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on GEEK-AID’s part, and GEEK-AID will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Feedback Submission. GEEK-AID shall exclusively own all now known or later discovered rights to the Feedback Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Feedback Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licenses granted in this section, and that your Submitted Materials, and your provision thereof through and in connection with the Site, are complete and accurate, and are not fraudulent, tortious or otherwise in violation of any applicable law or any right of any third-party. You further irrevocably waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
GEEK-AID may (but has no obligation to) screen, monitor, evaluate and remove any Submitted Materials at any time and for any reason, or analyze your access to and use of the Site. We may disclose information regarding your access to and use of the Site, and the circumstances surrounding such access and use, to anyone for any reason or purpose.
5. SECURITY RULES
In connection with the Site, you agree NOT to:
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site any materials that are or may be: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating, or otherwise fail to respect the rights and dignity of others; (b) defamatory, libelous, fraudulent or otherwise tortious; (c) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (d) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right, without the express prior written consent of the applicable owner.
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, malware, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment (each, a "Virus").
- Use the Site for any commercial purpose, or for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
- Harvest or collect information about users of the Site.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks. This includes, but is not limited to, overloading, "flooding", or "mail bombing".
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site.
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Site except as expressly authorized herein.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Site, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Site into any product or service.
- Systematically download and store Site content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine" or otherwise gather Site content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without GEEK-AID’s express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the robots.txt file located in the Site's root directory, GEEK-AID grants to the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. GEEK-AID reserves the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice.
6. ACCOUNT and PASSWORD
You may need to register for an account to use all or portions of the Site. We may reject, or require that you change, any username, password or other information that you provide to us in registering. You, and not GEEK-AID are responsible for any use or misuse of your username or password. It is your sole responsibility to (a) maintain the confidentiality of your account login and password; (b) frequently update and revise your password; and (c) promptly notify GEEK-AID if there is any unauthorized use of your account or any breach of security.
7. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT and LINKS
The Site may make available or provide links to third party websites, content, or information ("Third-Party Materials"). GEEK-AID does not control and is not responsible for any Third-Party Materials. The availability of any Third-Party Materials on the Site does not imply endorsement of, or affiliation with the provider of Third-Party Materials. Your use of Third-Party Materials is at your own risk.
9. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER and LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. GEEK-AID, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. GEEK-AID MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE.
While we try to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Site, we do not guarantee that the Site is or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to the Site will be uninterrupted. The Site may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with these Terms. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site.
You must use your own judgment in evaluating any Third-Party Materials. GEEK-AID DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND THEIR SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE RESULTS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, GEEK-AID IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GEEK-AID (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR PARTNERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY NON-DIRECT DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM OR ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH SERVICES OR THE USE OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SITES AND/OR ANY DOCUMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT GEEK-AID IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN GEEK-AID’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY NON-DIRECT TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO U.S. $200.00 IN THE AGGREGATE.
GEEK-AID makes no representations or guarantees regarding the Content of the Site, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
GEEK-AID MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SERVICES OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICES IN MEETING YOUR OBJECTIVES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GEEK-AID (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS IN THE AGGREGATE OF USD$200.00 YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE.
GEEK-AID may terminate or suspend your access to the Site at any time, with or without cause or notice, including if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms. Upon any such termination or suspension, (a) your right to access and use the Site will immediately cease; (b) GEEK-AID may immediately deactivate or delete your user name, password and account; (c) GEEK-AID will be under no obligation to maintain or provide you with access to any materials associated with your account (including Submitted Materials), and may retain or delete such materials in GEEK-AID’s sole discretion; and (d) except for the license granted to you to access and use the Site, the remaining provisions of these Terms will survive and continue in effect.
11. NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send to GEEK-AID a written notice by mail, e-mail or fax, requesting that GEEK-AID remove such material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send to GEEK-AID a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA.
See http://www.copyright.gov for details. Notices and counter-notices must be sent in writing to:
Attn: Legal Department
1001 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10018
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice or counter-notice. Please also note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your copyright.
12. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION
These Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location. You agree to exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York County, New York, U.S.A., and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
13. INFORMATION or COMPLAINTS
If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. You may also contact us by writing to:
1001 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10018
Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
GEEK-AID is the sole interpreter of the Site's intended and acceptable use.