SMB IT Budgets: IT Services For Small Businesses Can Save Money
Summary: This 3-minute article explains the pros and cons of hiring small business IT support services for computer repairs and maintenance. Contact GEEKAID Computer and Network Support at https://www.geek-aid.com/ to discuss what IT consulting services are best for your SMB.
You Don’t Have an IT Budget?
So many businesses of all sizes depend highly on their computer systems and networked devices for their daily core operations. Unfortunately, many SMBs cannot afford their systems to slow down or go down completely. As the saying goes, “Time is money,” and some small businesses waste significant time and money with their own DIY approach to IT maintenance and repairs.
Most growing SMBs are not qualified to keep up with the repairs and maintenance required for their computer systems. As their businesses grow and more endpoint devices are added to their networks, the more challenging in-house computer repairs and maintenance will become. That’s where IT experts come in. There are several key benefits to hiring professional small business IT support services:
- Up-To-Date Professional Assistance – Cybercriminals constantly develop new attack methods for stealing business data. Even if you have a tech-savvy employee covering most IT needs, it is difficult for them to stay in step with the ever-changing cyber crime world and how best to protect against hackers.
- Stay Focused On Operating Your Business – Ideally, no employee with job responsibilities (not IT-related) should be distracted from their regular job. Beyond the time wasted, productivity is reduced, thereby losing more money. Therefore, IT management should be a dedicated task, not a distraction from your core business.
- Proactive Strategies – A company that manufactures “widgets” is unlikely to have any IT strategy. They may have some protections in place. However, they are unlikely to know what specific maintenance and cyber security are needed for their SMB and how to protect against and recover from crippling IT events. IT professionals can examine your overall computer system and all its devices to ensure you’re functioning with maximum efficiency and exceptional performance.
- Cost Effectiveness – SMBs often don’t deal with IT maintenance because they assume hiring IT experts will be too expensive for their small business budgets. As IT continues to expand, it is becoming more complex. Companies need to calculate the loss of production, employee pay, client goodwill for slowdowns, and all the costs related to not using professionals for IT functions. Using IT pros from the start is more of an investment in the future smooth operation of your business. Invest in getting it right and waste less time and money later.
- Productivity – Computers and all connected devices are intended to help your small to midsized busy grow and thrive. However, computers without ongoing IT Maintenance can slow your entire workflow when they malfunction or go down completely. Keeping computer systems running at peak performance is key to overall productivity for most businesses. Even one day of catastrophic malfunctioning can bring businesses to a grinding halt.
- One Contact for All Types Of IT Issues – There are many elements to a networked computer system; accordingly, many problems can arise. Hardware, software, cabling, routers, Internet connectivity and cyberattacks are all part of a potential system breakdown. Having one IT pro knowledgeable in all areas of computer repair and network support will make diagnosing and resolving problems faster and more cost-effective.
- Ongoing Employee Training – Best practices training is essential for all your employee users. Employee training should include teaching employees the correct way to shut down their workstations, how to create and protect passwords and spot and not fall victim to email and text phishing attacks. These are just a few critical points for which employees must be on the same page. Ongoing training can keep your teams supporting a healthy and efficient computer system.
- Flexibility As You Grow – Everything about hiring an outside IT expert is flexible and scalable. Support can be on-site for some issues and remote for others. You may schedule regular on-site visits at any interval that is right for your SMB’s needs. As your business grows and your system along with it, you will not have to hire additional employees to keep your computers and network maintained and efficient. You will have expertise at your disposal and in step with the direction of your company.
IT Maintenance and Computer Repairs
IT Maintenance is essential to a fast, secure and smoothly running computer system and network. All devices connected to your business network or used for doing business must be maintained regularly. They must also be analyzed for speed, ease of access and operation, and established security protocols and defenses to protect your hard-earned business data. With the expanded use of remote and work-from-home employees, having a team of IT experts to support your systems is imperative for a small to midsized business. Your IT support team can train your staff, update your software, inspect and monitor your hardware and provide iron-clad cyber security for all your devices and networks. GEEK-AID® Computer and Network Support specializes in customized Managed IT Services for small to midsized businesses. GEEK-AID®'s team of experts is comprised of top specialists in different areas of IT
IT Consulting Services
There are affordable options to help manage all your IT needs. GEEK-AID® Computer and Network Support specializes in customized IT Consulting Services for small to midsized businesses. GEEK-AID®’s team of experts is comprised of specialists in different areas of IT services, serving clients on-site and remotely. The GEEK-AID® team doesn’t clock out at five o’clock on Friday. They are available 24/7 to ensure your computers, network and data stay healthy and secure. As your business grows, expands its network and adds more devices such as smart controls, wireless access and remote access, your network vulnerability and need for regular IT support will grow, too. Hardware and software installation and maintenance, repair, security and network protection must be consistent, proactive and not wait for a system failure or data breach to create a crisis management situation.
Call (877) GEEK-AID (877-433-5243) to evaluate and discuss your IT support needs and the steps that may be taken to keep your computer system and all its devices running at maximum speed and efficiency as your company grows.